Clergy Appreciation Month is a special time that your congregation can connect with eath other and honor your pastoral staff and their families for the hard work, sacrificial dedication, and multiple blessings they provide.
It is typically scheduled in October but can observe it at any time that is convenient.
It is also important to remember that appreciation, affirmation, and prayer support of your spiritual leaders are appropriate throughout the entire year.
Clergy Appreciation Month is one way you can counter the negative erosion in the lives of your spiritual leaders with the positive affirmation they need.
HERE ARE SOME DIFFERENT LINKS TO GUIDES:
- FamilyLife: “20 Ways to Encourage Your Pastor”(Blog)
- Focus on the Family: “Church Resources”(Collection of Audio & Articles); “Pastor Care Line” (Help & Support for pastors); “FREE Clergy Appreciation Month Guide” (Downloadable PDF); “Pastoral & Ministry Leader Retreat Centers” (Downloadable Referral List); “Hope and Renewal for Our Pastors” (Broadcast)
- Grace to You: “Ten Reasons I Am a Pastor”(Blog by John MacArthur); “Insight into a Pastor’s Heart” (Archived Broadcast)
- Revive Our Hearts: “30-Day Praying For Your Pastor Challenge”(PDF Download)
- Evangelism Explosion: “Pastor Appreciation” (Blog)