KAVX, more than anything else, believes in prayer and will gladly pray for you and your family during this time. 800-944-8443.
We also believe in common sense precautions like thoroughly washing your hands with soap and water often and using hand-sanitizer when washing is not possible.
Be aware of the things you touch that others touch – gas pumps, grocery carts, door knobs, hand shaking, light switches, etc. And wash your hands.
Even without COVID-19, shaking hands with someone and then rubbing your eyes or scratching your nose could lead to getting a common cold or other sickness. Wash your hands.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott made an Executive Order on Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Order No. 1: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, every person in Texas shall avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Order No. 2: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts, or visiting gyms or massage parlors; provided, however, that the use of drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options is allowed and highly encouraged throughout the limited duration of this executive order.
- Order No. 3: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- Order No. 4: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, schools shall temporarily close.
Watch for symptoms
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
- Shortness of breath
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
As a safety precaution, many schools are extending spring break or closing to give time for the virus to die down – and it will!
- AnGeL Ministries: Is the Coronavirus a Sign of the End? (blog)
- Core Christianity: Coronavirus Special Program
- Cru: Where’s the Peace in the World Filled With Fear? (article); Making Your Life Count with Steve Douglass (Making Your Life Count features)
- Ever Thine Home: In the Age of the Coronavirus, Are We Safe in Jesus? (blog); 7 Truths to Remember in Troubled Times (blog); Where Can We Find Stability in an Unstable Time? (blog); How Do I Know God Is Near? (blog)
- FamilyLife Today: The Coronavirus: Responding to Fear with Wisdom and Faith (FamilyLife broadcast)
- Focus on the Family: Thoughts on the Coronavirus Outbreak (blog); Family Time Resources for the Coronavirus (resources); Keeping Your Kids Healthy Year Round (article); Talking with Kids about Coronavirus (article); Jim Daly’s Fox News Article (article)
- Grace to You: The Promise of Peace in a Worried World (John MacArthur’s Sunday Sermon 3/15/20)
- Haven Today: Coronavirus series; Live Updates: How to Pray for COVID-19 (blog); Coronavirus Outbreak: Biblical Hope to Overcome Fear (blog); A Christian Response to Coronavirus (blog); Coronavirus Faith Update with Dr. Stephen Ko (video)
- Joni and Friends: A Calming Word in the Coronavirus Outbreak (Joni and Friends feature); A Calming Word During the Coronavirus (video); Facebook Video
- Life Issues: Do Not Fear. I Will Help You (Life Issues feature)
- Max Lucado: Facebook Live Video; Interrupt the Downward Spiral (blog); Video Message; Online Church with Max Lucado (streaming); Anxious for Nothing (online bible study) TBN Video Spots; UpWords (March replacement features); Feed Your Faith, Not Your Fear (Facebook live video); UpWords (March features)
- Revive Our Hearts: A Mighty Fortress is Our God (airing March 17-27); Deeply Rooted (resource page)
- The Colson Center: The Coronavirus, God, and a World Out of Our Control (BreakPoint feature); C.S. Lewis and the Coronavirus (BreakPoint feature); Christians and the Coronavirus (BreakPoint This Week program)
- Times Square Church: Coronavirus (It’s Time to Pray feature)
- C.S. Lewis’: On Living in An Atomic Age (video)
- The Gospel Coalition: Should Christians Be Anxious About the Coronavirus? (article)
- The Raineys: THE Storm Shelter – 7 Truths to Remember in Troubled Times (article)
- CDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Global Cases Count (live updates)
- Washington Post: Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to “flatten the curve” (health article)