Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas offers free guidance, support and incentives to help low-income youth to prepare for success on the job in spite of barriers they might be facing. Those eligible could be working in 30 days or less.
Teens and young adults, ages 16-24 who are not in school or college, can receive work-readiness and life skills training that can help them get a good job and achieve their career goals. Priority is given to youth who meet one or more of the following categories:
* School Dropout
* Connected to the Juvenile or Adult Justice System
* Homeless, Runaway, Foster Youth, Social Security, or Out-of-Home Placement
* High School Diploma/GED, Low Income, & Basic Skills Deficient
* High School Diploma/GED, Low Income, & English Language Learner
* Low-Income and Needs Additional Assistance
* Pregnant or Parenting
Visit the Workforce Center near you.
Jennifer Jordan; WIOA Youth TAS
936-639-1351 ext 5240